New Chiropractic Care Patients
At your first visit with Dr. Noble or Dr. Fera, they will try to get a complete picture of your health in order to customize your chiropractic care. Plan to spend approximately 45 minutes at your first visit.
At your first chiropractic visit, you will be asked the following:
- personal and family medical history
- major illnesses you have experienced
- surgeries or operations you have had
- medications you are taking
- your diet and exercise
- your work and leisure activities
- your sleeping habits
We will also perform the following tests:
- a complete neuro-muscular and orthopaedic examination
- a check of your reflexes
- a test of your muscle strength, flexibility and co-ordination
- analysis of your posture
- X-ray of your spine
**Please bring any spinal X-rays you might have.**
These assessments give the chiropractor a better picture of your complete health. If he discovers a problem that would be better treated by another health care professional, he will make an appropriate referral. Otherwise, he will focus on the specific cause of your back pain by:
- listening to you describe your pain and symptoms
- using his hands to locate the exact problem in your back
- testing how far you can move in the problem area
- determining if other parts of your back or body are affected by the problem
What happens after the first chiropractic appointment?
There are different ways Dr. Noble and Dr. Fera can care for your back depending on your condition. Generally, there are three levels of care, the most common need is for immediate relief.
- Relief care is provided for immediate pain and discomfort. Depending on the chiropractor’s diagnosis, your age and physical condition, one visit or several visits over a relatively short period of time may be necessary.
- Corrective care treats long-term spinal problems. Because these problems have been in existence for some time, they require a longer, more complex period of care.
- Wellness or maintenance care is designed to help you maintain and enjoy the benefits you’ve achieve from relief and corrective care. Continuing to work with your chiropractor and having adjustments on a regular basis will keep your spine in optimal condition.
Chiropractic Care Appointment Scheduling
Dr. Noble and Dr. Fera have designed a highly specialized protocol to allow proper care–a must for spinal and postural correction. A personal appointment calendar will be scheduled for you in advance to help you save time at the front desk. See our Clinic Hours and our Fee Schedule.
Cancelled/Missed Chiropractic Appointments
If an appointment must be changed, 24-hour notice is required. All cancelled or missed appointments must be made up within that week. Please let our front desk assistant know and changes to your schedule will be made accordingly. If you repeatedly miss or reschedule appointments, a time will be scheduled for you to review your calendar with us so we may help you get back on track to prevent any further delay in your care.
Family Chiropractic Care
Our goal is to educate and adjust our patients and their families towards optimal health through natural chiropractic care. Ajax-Pickering Village Chiropractic has a cost-effective family program, and we extend an opportunity for you to have your family checked at our expense within 14 days of starting care.
Chiropractic Re-examinations and Reports
Re-examinations and reports are a vital part of your care. These appointments are scheduled at specific times of the day which allow Dr. Noble or Dr. Fera to discuss your care with no interruptions. Due to the limited availability of these time slots, we require at least 24 hours notice to reschedule these appointments.
Healing and spinal correction take time.
If at any point during your care you do not feel you are responding as well as expected, or if you have any other issues that require extra time, please schedule a consultation with your chiropractor. We want you to get the most from your chiropractic care.